Prospecting to Profits: Generating Revenue for your Park with Sponsorship
Park sponsorships from prospecting to closing the deal. The presentation is designed to be applicable for the smallest parks to the largest. Including a step by step process to help park districts generate additional revenue. With the steps outlined, each individual will leave the session with a template for how to start a sponsorship program or increase sponsorship revenue. This is a recorded session from NRPA Live 2019.
- Identifying your assets (events, programs, naming rights, social media, collateral etc.)
- Prospecting - where to find your next sponsor
- Initial outreach - best way to contact potential sponsors
- Proposal & pitch - what do sponsors want to see in a proposal and how to sell it
- Follow-up - when to follow up and how often
- Closing the deal - Activation - how to bring the sponsorship to life
- Recap and renewal - keeping the business plan - an interactive session with attendees to run through a mock sponsorship process
- Understand a two tiered approach to help staff meet the demands of play by outlining an intentional model of leadership.
- Know how to be a part of the solution by using 5 implementation process methods.
Session Length: 1.25 Hours
Credit: 0.1 CEU
NRPA Education online learning content is accessible for 180 days from the date of registration. The learning content is available for registration for three years from the date of origination.
Manager of Corporate Partnerships, Cleveland Metroparks
Brendan McHugh, is the Manager of Corporate Partnerships for Cleveland Metroparks. Brendan oversees all partnerships including, park events, nature centers, golf courses and the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. His responsibilities include managing all phases of partnerships, consisting of sales, activation and account management. Annually, Brendan generates over one million dollars in sponsorship revenue. He began his career in the sports industry with the Cleveland Monsters and Cleveland Cavaliers, before coming to Cleveland Metroparks, where he has been for the past five years.